Updated: February 26, 2021
TeamMate Technology LLC (“TeamMate”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience using our products and services (collectively, “Services”). This policy covers the TeamMate website, administration web application and integration with Microsoft Office 365 Services. It is applicable worldwide.
“Personal Data” means any information that can be used to individually identify a person, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, and other personally identifiable information.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Collection of your Personal Data
We may collect, either as Controller or Processor, the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Service:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
- Our servers automatically record certain “Host Information” when you use the Service defined as your IP address, operating system type and version, client version, IP addresses along the network path, and the MAC address of your internet connection.
- We also automatically record “Usage Information” about your usage of the Services, including actions taken, date and time, frequency, duration, quantity, quality, network connectivity, and performance information.
- Other information you upload, provide, or create while using the Service.
TeamMate automatically collects some information about you when you use our Services, using methods such as cookies. Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and to provide proper logging for system changes.
In addition, when you use some of our Services, network information is transmitted back to us such as Service usage information. This information is transmitted back to us, so we can determine how users are interacting with our Services, to assist us with improving our Services, and to correct any problems that may occur.
Processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) in relation to a Service impeding incidents,
We process Personal Data when you use our administrative web application and Microsoft Office 365 integration application for purposes such as:
- Account configuration
- Account maintenance
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Service
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Service
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Providing reports based on information collected from the use of our Service
- Processing your orders and deliver the Service that you have ordered
- Providing support and assistance for our Service
- Providing the ability to contact you
- Providing customer feedback and support
- Complying with our contractual and legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements, and complying with regulatory authorities in the jurisdiction of record.
We process Personal Data when you visit our website to:
- To keep you up to date on the latest Service announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, and other information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Data subjects who want their data deleted can do so by deactivating their account. Deactivation will delete all account usage and related information. If you are not a TeamMate customer and would like your data deleted, please contact the data Controller directly about deletion.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about TeamMate’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or regulatory group.
Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation. In order to make such a request of us, please contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com.
We retain your Personal Data for the duration that you provide it by using TeamMate Services. As noted above in Withdrawal of Consent, the provider of Personal Data or his/her authorized delegates have the ability to remove all Personal Data from TeamMate Services.
Sharing your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for any purpose.
We share Personal Data only for the purposes of data processing or storage in conjunction with delivery of the TeamMate Services.
We share Personal Data with service vendors and/or authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide requested Services or transactions, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, and providing customer support. We provide these third parties with Personal Data to complete/utilize the requested Service or transaction only.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. As required by law, we may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal process by disclosing your Personal Data and other related information, if necessary. We also may use Personal Data and other related information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We might be called upon by regulatory or law enforcement to share Personal Data and any other additional information available to us in order to facilitate an investigation, prevent, or take action regarding, illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of TeamMate’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
Security of your Personal Data
TeamMate is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”), United Kingdom, and Australia through TeamMate and its service providers and infrastructure partners for the purposes of processing or storage. Depending on which jurisdiction you choose to use the TeamMate Services, we will transfer your Personal Data to the selected jurisdiction for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the jurisdiction you have selected.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
TeamMate is responsible for the processing of Personal Data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework (To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List, https://www.privacyshield.gov/list). TeamMate complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Data from the EU, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to Personal Data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, TeamMate is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, TeamMate may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Standard Contractual Clauses
In certain cases, TeamMate will transfer Personal Data from the EU in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
TeamMate Technology, LLC
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
56 Spring Street, Unit 102
Williamstown, MA 01267
100% Microsoft Azure based. All components of the TeamMate Connector run in Azure Cloud in 4 geographic regions.
Microsoft Partner. TeamMate is a Microsoft ISV (independent
software vendor) Partner.
Automated Setup. From Direct Routing through User provisioning and custom Teams Application creation, TeamMate has automated the process.
Custom Microsoft Teams Application. Your branding, your portal, your PBX notifications built into Microsoft Teams.
Branding for Resale/Master Resale. All components of branding including Teams Application are controlled by each Reseller.
Extensive PBX Testing. Over 80 PBX types and variants tested.
API. Programmatic interface for authentication and all facets of provisioning available in the TeamMate portal.
SIP Trunk and PBX support. Register users to PBXes or register SIP Trunks to SBCs, PBXes, Proxies, etc. Managed from the same interface.
Data Security. All passwords stored in TeamMate are hashed for protection.
Microsoft Enterprise Security. Minimal Microsoft Permissions are granted for integration. No Microsoft passwords or tokens are read or held.